At LIGNA 2023, “WEINIG offers more” and invites visitors to experience an all-round view of its extensive range of machines, systems, software and services for the production of individual workpieces through to automated series production of solid wood and panel products.
The innovations and developments are focused on resource optimization - stand-alone or networked machines with efficient material handling, precise automation and resource-saving production technologies enable customers to economically manufacture products of the highest quality and in flexible batch sizes despite the shortage in skilled labor.
Hydromat 4400 moulder: with a feed speed of 400 m/min and WMC machine control, the new high-speed moulder brings innovative dynamics to planing and profiling processes.
Cube 3 automatic planer: the Cube 3 impresses with an astonishingly simple operating concept combined with a minimum of work. Set up, switch on, start planing!
Conturex Vario L CNC machining center: in live demonstrations, WEINIG will show how the new Conturex Vario L achieves the fastest parts transfer in the world. The multi-part process for full CNC processing on 6 sides makes machining even faster.
WEINIG System Solutions will be there to inform visitors about integrated production lines in the solid wood sector, significant new developments for the optimization of production processes and about current large-scale projects.
WEINIG Digital Solutions will show how digital production control, specific applications and securely interconnected production can increase machine availability and reduce the workload of skilled personnel through efficient production control.
WEINIG LifeTime Services provides new offers for optimal maintenance and servicing of machines and systems. This covers all “life stages” of the production systems.
Large-scale system: Scanning, cross-cutting, finger jointing
This fully automated system shows the production process from raw material to finger-jointed lamellae:
- A robot with a vacuum unit stacks raw material onto the line. The workpieces are evaluated by means of a CombiScan Sense scanner.
- Defects are cut out by the high-speed OptiCut 450 Quantum cross-cut saw and the good parts
- are automatically fed to the downstream HS 200 finger jointing line for further processing.
- The mechanization for direct feeding of the finger jointing line via the cross-cut saw is patent pending.
Live demonstrations: daily at 10:00 hrs, 12:00 hrs, 14:00 hrs and 16:00 hrs. Duration: 10 minutes.
Large-scale system: Automated cross-cutting with a robot
The OptiCut S 90 cross-cut system demonstrates fully automated fixed-length cutting of packages:
- The vacuum gantry loads the packaging unit of the OptiCut S 90.
- Packages are formed fully automatically and transported to the OptiCut via the cross-feeding system.
- The workpieces are cut to the required fixed length in the optimizing cross-cut saw.
- A robot is used for unmanned stacking of the cut workpieces.
Live demonstrations: daily at 10:00 hrs, 12:00 hrs, 14:00 hrs and 16:00 hrs. Dauer: Duration: 10 minutes.
Special exhibition for construction timber lines –
jointing technology at WEINIG Grecon in Alfeld
Finger jointing lines for optimum material utilization and efficient, value-adding utilization of residues of the valuable raw material wood will be on display.
The special exhibition will focus on various types of finger jointing lines:
- Ultra TT 100
- PowerJoint 18 and PowerJoint 8
- Werkzeugschleifmaschine Rondamat
A bus shuttle service from LIGNA to Alfeld has been arranged.